Rules And Regulations

Continuing Professional Development (CPD)

Besides the foreign engineers who wish to provide engineering services in Thailand, either regulated engineering professions under the Engineer Act, B.E. 2542 are also required to comply with other laws and regulations which are generally applied to all foreigners who wish to work in Thailand. They will be required to obtain proper visa (from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs), work permit (from the Ministry of Labor), permit to conduct business by a foreigner (from the Ministry of Commerce) and permit to remit foreign currencies into and out of the kingdom (from the Bank of Thailand).

These additional permits will be issued if the certain requirements are fulfilled by the relevant government agencies. How these can be fulfilled the requirements, they depend on the governing law.